carbed festy fuel pump spacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbed festy fuel pump spacer?

hey anyone know if the carbed festiva is supp[osed to have a spacer between the fuel pump and head? i'm switching back to the mechanical fuel pump and it acts like it's not getting enough fuel. i switched to a electric so long ago i can't remember if it had a spacer, but my new fuel pump came with 2 gaskets...hope someone knows...
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

I believe I re-used the phenolic spacer that was on the car when I replaced my leaky one, the gaskets on either side. It needs to be there.
    4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

so how thick is that spacer anyway? i might have to make one if i don't have any luck finding a new one.
      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

The spacer is 4mm thick, I was surprised the my new pump didn't come w/ one, it may be a difficult to find part. Good luck.
        4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

yeah lets just say that it's next to impossible. the junkyard won't sell one without an overpriced 15 year old fuel pump...and the dealer can't get it anymore. looks like i'll be making one

Comment

Have you checked with Roger at FMS? He has alot of stuff not listed on the website.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

lol well i just tried roger and i got disconnected, now it's busy. didn't have a chance to give him the phone number. guess i'll keep trying. update...he might have one used, gonna check tonight. i guess i'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
              X