Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you turn a white tach cluster back miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you turn a white tach cluster back miles?

Looking at buying a white tach and it is about 10K miles to high. Can you just hook a drill to a speedo wire and spin it back to where i need it? Also could you spin it forward?

thanks

I believe if you search there is a how to on this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

i searched but that thing is almost useless and there is info on the orange cluster but not so much on the white

Comment

I assume you probably read these...
        Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Someone may be willing to tell you a more step by step process via PM due to this being kind of a sketchy topic. Although it can be done legally I don't know just my thoughts.

Good Luck!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
          I assume you probably read these...
          Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Someone may be willing to tell you a more step by step process via PM due to this being kind of a sketchy topic. Although it can be done legally I don't know just my thoughts.

Good Luck!
          Ya as you see I posted in one, it says u have to melt the white face clusters wheel, I'm asking if u can use a drill to move it forward or back miles, hookng it to your speedo line

Comment

You can do that it works, but takes for ever i took it apart and spun it bake by hand faster just take the screws out of it and spin it by hand.

Comment

isnt that illeagal?? just curious cuz ive heard it is

Comment

Originally posted by 92festie View Post
                isnt that illeagal?? just curious cuz ive heard it is
                I'm not positive on this.... But, I believe if you are setting it to the actual mileage it is not illegal. Otherwise it is illegal.

But I'm not 100%

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

oh ok gotcha that makes sense

Comment

Why would it be illegal? It's just milage.

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
                      Why would it be illegal? It's just milage.
                      Its mainly to protect you from fraud, like if you buy a car from a dealership and they turn it back to show less miles. Heres a link of the Law. http://www.justice.gov/civil/ocl/monograph/odom.htm
                      '90 LX

Comment

^^ Because if you are lowering the mileage to increase the resale value, that's fraud. Don't think that's what's going on here, but that is why rolling back an odometer may be illegal, depending on why you are doing it.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

OK

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
                            You can do that it works, but takes for ever i took it apart and spun it bake by hand faster just take the screws out of it and spin it by hand.
                            just wanted to make sure spinning it back on the white face ones doesnt jam or break the Odometer since they made it more tamper proof. Im almost positive the orange one is fine doing this.

Comment

I did it with a white face and didn't break it.

Comment

Working...
                              X