Major clutch slippage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major clutch slippage

Pretty sure the cluth in my festy is toast. Its fine when the motor is cold but once its warmed up the clutch starts slippin bad. if im in 5th gear goin about 45 and push the gas down hard it just revs out and doesnt go no where. would an ebay clutch kit be ok to get?

1990 festiva*green paint with stylin black 14's

*God Bless you all*

Don't know about that one, but I bought a clutch off of eBay. An Exedy kit. So far, after 10,000 miles of abuse, it's holding up like new.

Here's one for sale. Same seller I used too.

Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Yeah I seen that one on there too. I was actually told that It would be pointless to replace the clutch cuz my engine leaks so much oil and the oil is dripping down and thats what causing my clutch to slip???? is this the case?

*God Bless you all*

Comment

the oil can only get to your clutch if it can get past the backside of the flywheel or run down between the block and trans (doubt either of these). you need a clutch and a valve cover seal to start, but if you're doing your clutch, you should replace your rear main seal while you're in there.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If your rear main seal is bad and you are leaking oil it is very possible that's the case. However, depending on how many miles you have on that clutch, if you pull the engine to replace the RMS go ahead and also replace the clutch and bearings.
          Oscar

Comment

Festyboy has a point that the oil would have to go past the flywheel, but I have seen it happen.
            Oscar

Comment

does the engine have to be pulled out to replace the clutch and RMS?

*God Bless you all*

Comment

no you pull the trans and leave the motor in the car... but cause the mounts are on the trans you have to get a bar to support the motor when the trans comes out of the car...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                X