Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edudu77
    replied
    Tail light are leaking as well, but the c-pillar is above them, and water is running down the inside of the pillar as well. Working on the tail lamps now, hoping rtv will help the upper vent problem.

Thanks,
    Donovan

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    Originally posted by edudu77 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a water leak that has been getting worse. I just pulled the interior panels and ran water over the hatch area, water began trickling from out of the c-pillar. I was thinking tail light before I did the test. I am thinking it is the oblong vent piece that is allowing the water to enter, any ideas? Should I clean the area well and try a thin bead of silicone or rtv?
    Taillights would be a good guess; that is a common leak point. Your solution will work or at least help a lot. I also add a little bit of duct tape to channel water away from the seals altogether.

Also check the seals around the rear windows and the hatch, but the taillight seals are the likely culprit.

Leave a comment:

• edudu77
    started a topic Water leak in the C-Pillar

Water leak in the C-Pillar

Hey guys, I have a water leak that has been getting worse. I just pulled the interior panels and ran water over the hatch area, water began trickling from out of the c-pillar. I was thinking tail light before I did the test. I am thinking it is the oblong vent piece that is allowing the water to enter, any ideas? Should I clean the area well and try a thin bead of silicone or rtv?

Thanks,
    Donovan
Working...
X