Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bypass ring

hello,
    already tried searching for this. how to put the bypass ring on. i already bought a waterpump and got it on. now i need to fit the ring, like the manual says, but where on the inlet. on the inlet theres two tubes, one to the radiiator which plugs on. the other is metaal and i cant see where or how it can come of, if its not one peice.
    by the way its a 94 model b3 engine
    thanks in advance

anyonne???? need help fast

Comment

may i suggest first to add your location under the User CP in your profile?
      since the Festiva model ended in 1993, we need to know where you live and could this be an a Aspire?

the bypass tube runs under the the exhaust manifold and back to the heater core, under the distributor.

there is a bolt holding the the tube under the exhaust manifold and a nut on a bracket under the distributor that holds the tube also
      Last edited by mechanicaldj; 02-21-2010, 08:59 PM.

I am the original

Comment

sorry yeah
        its an aspire. im in australia so we call them festivas after 94
        thanks will have a look at the bolts

Comment

2 bolts are off. cant seem to pull bypass off the inlet. what im i doing wrong

Comment

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?
            anyone

Comment

is a pressure fit with a rubber "O" ring keeping it sealed. you need to hit it with some penetrating lube and then twist and pull firmly.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

haha thanks, did exactly that with wd-40. glad i did it in the end.
                thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X