hi 88 festiva sending unit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi 88 festiva sending unit ?

hi was wondering is there anyone beside me having issues with there sending unit not working or reading incorrectly? if so i found a site over seas was looking it up and there gonna send me a sample figure i ask don't know if this is a problem with the festiva.
    FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

i have issues with mine, and others have as well just another part that wears out over time i guess

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Comment

well cause i have a site that makes the sending units i'm gonna get a unit and try it if it works when it comes in 3 weeks i'll be glad to let everyone know here i found a paper and a note in the rear seat when i was cleaning it the guy who was fixing it left it for a reason so i looked it up and wa la boom new part from some taishi company in korea who makes it will post when i get the info wish me good luck

Comment

i'm interested so keep me posted! i have been trying to get one that doesnt cost too much, since its not going to cause an issue if i dont replace it.

Comment

just got the order in they asked for my address gona take a week and then i will let u know parts comin from korea also heat pad under the carb also

Comment

fuel sender unit

Did you receive the fuel sender unit? I need one also, and would like the details for where to find one. I've looked everywhere I can think of, with no success. I'm about ready to try to rewind mine if I can't find a replacement.

Alvon Elrod
            Ventura, CA
            '90 Festiva
            1990 Ford Festiva
            Ventura, CA
            ventura_ace@juno.com

Comment

What's cool is the previous owner actually left a useful note on the car for the next guy. I love stuff like that.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

I purchased a unit from Mikey. Hopefully it will last a little longer than the first one.

Alvon
                1990 Ford Festiva
                Ventura, CA
                ventura_ace@juno.com

Comment

Received the sending unit from Mikey. Installed. Works great. Thanks Mikey!

Alvon
                  1990 Ford Festiva
                  Ventura, CA
                  ventura_ace@juno.com

Comment

When I got my car, my sending unit wasn't reading right at all. I took it out, sanded down the contacts(rusted) and re-installed it. Has been working great ever since.

Comment

Working...
                    X