Panic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic

Come home key in ignition & the car is screwed with. Won't even fire up now...Its sitting infront of my driveway...Looking threw the haynes manual hasn't helped...Maybe someone pulled out the fuse to the ignition... Im disgusted right now....

well...it wont turn over? turn but not start? did you check for fire? fuel?
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

some specifics about your car? is the starter cranking? have you pulled a spark plug to check for spark if it is?if it is have you checked for fuel pressure?
      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

turns but wont start...cold as can be...fuel is fine

Comment

check the spark. pull out the #1 cylinder plug, hook the lead back up and drape it over the driver side fender (make sure it's not toughing the metal) then crank it. if you don't have spark check your coil wire for continuity, if the wire is good check the coil positive terminal for power with the key in the on position (be sure to also gound out the multimeter to the engine block). if thats fine then pull the top half of the timing belt cover and make sure your timing belt isn't broken.
          that should keep ya busy for an hour or so.
          2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

what tools do i need?

Comment

a spark plug socket, and ratcheting wrench, a 10 mm socket and an electrical multimeter you can get em all at walmart if ya don't have em. multimeters are in the auto department next to the sparkplugs usually, a cheapo will do 10 bux or so prolly

Comment

sounds like one of the fuse links to me..

Jiggle the 3 fuse links on the drivers side strut tower.. then see if it'll start

Comment

also, I know you said you are getting fuel, but did you check the inertia switch to see if it somehow got tripped?

Comment

Working...
                  X