Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermo crack-\

I cracked my thermostat housing cause I was too damn inpatient
    now things are worse than before! I bought this adhesive that I will try but any other suggestions from people... I am planning on swaping out my engine so im guessing this will be irrelevent when that happens but could the housing be welded?
    91 red l-

you had the thermostat clocked in the wrong possision , put the t-stat in the housing first next time , then put on head, i've got a few if you need one.
    PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Pm Tonycash...he had some thermo housings he was gonna sell me when I broke mine
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Atleast you didn't break a bolt off and have to drill it out.:-x
        '90 LX

Comment

you could try alumiweld (used with propane torch)
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

part number

The part number is E8BZ-8592-B

Good luck.

Comment

Could be welded if you know someone who can do aluminum.
              Otherwise, I'd just replace it and count it as a lesson learned.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

yeah im tryin to jb weld it but if it dosnt turn out ill probly just get one if anyone finds out they can get it toi me 4 sure just let me kno pm or somthin
                91 red l-

Comment

so what radiators would work with our cars? when i get a donor for bp could i just use that radiator I am assuming? I dont feel like putting any more money into the car now until it gets a new engine..
                  91 red l-

Comment

You need a radiator too? Thought you just cracked the thermostat housing? Anyway, you would use a festy radiator with the swap unless you do something custom. A lot of people go with an auto festy radiator for better cooling too
                    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I did just crak the housing but my radiator smokes sometimes and leaks a bit so i would want to upgrade eventually.
                      91 red l-

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                        You need a radiator too? Thought you just cracked the thermostat housing? Anyway, you would use a festy radiator with the swap unless you do something custom. A lot of people go with an auto festy radiator for better cooling too
                        wouldnt I be doing something custom with a swap anyways??
                        91 red l-

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
                          wouldnt I be doing something custom with a swap anyways??
                          Yes and no. You don't have to swap the radiator unless you just want to.

Comment

Working...
                          X