no heat on idle???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no heat on idle???

no heat on idle but works when running???? any help?

low on coolant or belt slipping....pump going
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

belts fine coolants good... must be going out

Comment

^^ replace the thermostat too while you're at it
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

check your heater core ? as well
          FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Issue with the fan motor?

I haven't had this experience with a Festiva, but my '76 Ford Courier's fan motor would barely turn at idle yet run normally when I was driving. I think the alternator was on its way out or something.

-Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

well i have all new stuff in mine first it was the thermostat then oil leak then alt so yeah all rebuilt now and running nice but still need back of carb lines done wanna finish it for summer and doing body work right now and probably buy another one stock to fix up my friends wants one but an automatic that runs so she can become a member here on fordfestiva.com lady drivers love my car
              FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

i just had this prob a cople of weeks ago. it was my heater core was getting pluged up.
                i just took off the hoses and switched them and now i have heat all the time but this is only a quick fix it will plug up again.
                try it its free and it will let u know if that the prob
                the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                \/\_____________FORD
                FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by 1988redfordfestiva View Post
                  well i have all new stuff in mine first it was the thermostat then oil leak then alt so yeah all rebuilt now and running nice but still need back of carb lines done wanna finish it for summer and doing body work right now and probably buy another one stock to fix up my friends wants one but an automatic that runs so she can become a member here on fordfestiva.com lady drivers love my car
                  Your lady friend doesn't have to own a festiva to be a member, just sos ya know. I was festivaless for a year and a half, and my membership wasn't revoked.

Back on topic, so if you drive it until it's blowing out warm air, and then stop and sit still, the air coming out goes from warm to cold?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                  X