A few general problems with car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few general problems with car.

i know most of you don't have 5drs, but i was just wondering if there's a bit of a common problem with the top edge of the doors rusting? i'm talking about the inside metal lip that holds the rubber door seal in place. as this is the 2nd Pride i've had and both seem to be doing the same thing.

and i jacked the car up today and the off-side rear wheel bearing was greased up but didn't seem to run that freely, and it wasn't the brakes rubbing. the other side not greased up very well but spun around very easily! any ideas on that one?

also i've seen someone on here (did a search but didn't find it) that has done a really good job of removing the air filter and replaced it with an upgraded cone filter. can some one please give me a quick guide how to do this?
    this is my engine bay, and i think the filter must be in the alloy box that is in the bottom left corner. i haven't been able to take this a part as the bolts just run round.

thanks for any help given, pat.
    KIA Pride 1996 1.3i LX 5dr 5speed.

Re: A few general problems with car.

Originally posted by pazz

this is my engine bay, and i think the filter must be in the alloy box that is in the bottom left corner. i haven't been able to take this a part as the bolts just run round.

thanks for any help given, pat.
    The air filter is in the box under the air flow meter. There are 4 to 6(?) bolts that hold it together. The nuts are set into the plastic base and will strip out easily and just spin. Loosen the bolts you can and then pull up till it comes apart. Search around, a few have put cone filters in. I did in mine but mine is on the other side.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Working...
    X