Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

waterpump out replaced it and still the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterpump out replaced it and still the same?

just had my water pump go out. ran a bit hot but never to the red, got it home went to get a water pump, placed it, started it and still over heats. spits up all the water, ohh, few weeks ago i replaced the thermostat.

I screwed up the engine didn't I

You didn't necessarily screw up the engine.

Describe in better detail how it "spits up all the water?"

Did you put in the thermostat correctly?

Keep in mind some "cooling problems" are really due to a bad head gasket.

Not sure in your case though.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

ok this is how it started. for a couple of weeks now i noticed a bit of coolant splashing near the water pump very little though. well today about a mile away from work coming home I noticed that it got hot (but not to red) so i pulled over and took the radiator cap off no water. got water and put it in, leaked around the pump. and spit it up, wouldn't hold the water for too much so i would do this till i got home(22miles) got hot but not till red. so went to get a pump from the parts store put it in put water in and it would spit it up. filled it and would spit it up so i filled it up again closed it and went for a ride it got hot took it 3/4 of the gage and turned it off. it would run a bit rough. kinda like when you get a little water in the distributor but not as bad.

the thermo worked fine for 4 weeks, i know i put it in right.

Comment

So it's spitting water out of the water pump area?

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

hmmm maybe ya didnt get enough water in it. air trapped in the system will wreak all kinds of havok.
          Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
          1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
          1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
          2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Take the belt off that drives the water pump. Fill the radiator and leave the cap off. Start the engine and watch the water in the radiator. If you see bubbles coming up through the water or the radiator begins to overflow, you've got a blown head gasket or possibly (but not probably) a cracked head. You shouldn't have to run the engine more than a minute to see results.
            John
            You gonna race that thing?
            http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Replace your radiator cap, this happened to me before.

Hope this helps,

John
              John
              92 Festiva 5 Speed, (My fifth Festiva).
              Project MPG

Comment

well it looks like I did screw things up, i think i cracked the head or block. i replaced the head gasket. thermo, and still have the problem, i am getting white exhaust seems to be water. so no more money on this engine now I'll wait for 1/2 price at Pick-n-Pull get me a 1.6 SOHC carbed rebuilt that and I'm done.

Comment

Working...
                X