Head bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head bolts

Does anyone know if the 10 head bolts on the B3 are reusable? I have to rebuild my engine and the only place I have found headbolts are from my local Kia dealer for $150.00.

Thanks in advanced,

Yes they are. I reused mine and have 20K+ miles with no issues.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

x2....you're good to go with the old ones
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Wow, $150!!! that's crazy. Usually you would want to replace them because they would be stretched, but they will still work for sure!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
        -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Well you could always O ring the block use a copper head gasket and install ARP Studs and nuts,ya that should do it.This might be a little over kill, but hey no more streched head bolts. Just pullin your leg.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Thanks for the help. That's good news.

Comment

Working...
            X