Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocker arms non adjustable? Where is the hydraulic lifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker arms non adjustable? Where is the hydraulic lifter?

Recently I opened the valve cover to clean the rocker arms and valve cover and after removed the rocker arms, I could not find the hydraulic lifters. I think that they are suppose to see them on top of the valve spring? Is that right? Where the hydraulic lifter should be? Are they non adjustable?

See pic attachments please.

Thanks
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Here are some other pics.

Comment

Turn the rocker arm upside down and look at the area I marked in your picture. The hydraulic lifter is very small - not much bigger than a pencil eraser.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
        Turn the rocker arm upside down and look at the area I marked in your picture. The hydraulic lifter is very small - not much bigger than a pencil eraser.
        Thanks. I didn't know. I saw something like that but I couldn't know because The usual lifters are much bigger. Are they replaceable? I saw a small hole and was clogged so I opened it with a small pin.

Comment

Yes they are replacable, grab them with pliers and twist and pull. Cleaning doesnt work most of the time but once in a while it can happen. These things are not cheap, considering its for a cheap car. You find the best prices on ebay.
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

I replaced my HLA's with used ones off a wrecked 323. The car had low miles and the valve train was golden brown, so I (correctly) assumed they were good. 7k later and no ticking yet.

-Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

A few weeks back i had the same problem, From time to time a person on e-bay sells new ones for $35 i think. Do as Nova SS says and you'll be fine and make sure you install the rocker assembly with the oil hole DOWN,if you need help with the tourqe sequence just ask.When you are ready to reinstall the rocker assembly use small wire ties to hold the springs over while you bolt down and torque to 16 to 21 ft lbs Good luck
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

just to share i replace the hydraulic adjuster worth 12usd each in my place. shipping cost might be expensive.

Comment

Rockauto has 'em for around 5 bucks new.

Comment

Working...
                  X