Emergency help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
    Make sure your slow fuel cut solenoid is getting power. It's wires go to the rectangular plug that the carb is attached to. It is on the driver side of the carb.
    Here you have a suggestion from someone who appears to know more about your carbureted Festiva than I do. I would suggest you give this kind of advice special attention.

John Gunn
    Coronado, CA
    John Gunn
    Coronado, CA

Improving anything
    Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

absolutely will do thanks for all your help i will keep you posted. I am getting the spacer to manifold gasket soon and will be replacing it aswell considering after replacing the carb to spacer it still idles up when you spray down there so im leaning towards a fuel to air mixture problem. Maybe a cracked intake or hopefully that gasket or hopefully not a bad carb.
      It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

from your last reply it sounds as though you might have a huge vac leak in the intake or one of it gaskets, which in turn could very well cause your idle problem!!
        IF ONE FESTI IS GOOD THEN TWO IS BETTER!

93 L TEAL ( this winter new paint) full 2.25" exaust w/flowmaster 2 chamber! all black interoir! coil overs and aspire swap in the wings and 14" jetta mk3 alloy wheels! bp+t on the way!

Comment

Hi, I can't help you like Dean could, but if the tests the guys have suggested don't seem to help figure out your problem, I know two men here in Raleigh who might be able to help. One has a Festiva and the other did. They are both mechanics, and neither one is on the site. Let me know and I can give you contact info.

Barb
          1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
          1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
          Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
          website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

that would be great if you could pm me their contact info that would be awesome. and thanks a great deal.
            It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

has anyone successfully put an EFI on a car that came with a carb. including the computer pull and all.

Comment

Working...
              X