Headlight issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight issue.

Last night when I was leaving my friends house my headlights woulnt turn on. Marker lights/ dash lights came on and there was a fairly loud clicking noise coming from the engine compartment. Popped the hood and it was coming from a small metal box next to the coolant resevoir. Im assuming that is the relay? My friend said they get corroded sometimes and you just have to take them apart and clean the buildup off. Is this the case?
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

more than likely if it's clicking and there's no light, you have a bad fuse (one marked Head at the main fuse block in the engine bay) replace fuse with cartrage style.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

u have to take the resevoir out and get behind it theres a black box and wires clean them and u should be good use some sand paper and electric static cleaner then when putting back to gether use some high temp greese this should help it out for years to come mine just had this issue cause i have an 88 they tend to do this in the new england area or where the climate has alot of moisture
      FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        more than likely if it's clicking and there's no light, you have a bad fuse (one marked Head at the main fuse block in the engine bay) replace fuse with cartrage style.
        Yeah, replacing the fusible links with cartridge style is a great idea. Cleaning things up is a good idea as well!
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Yeah, fuses were already replaced...there was a clicking noise coming from the resevoir area. Ill take a look at that black box thanks for the help guys.
          Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Working...
          X