Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Parts are Common between Festiva (121 Mk1) and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Parts are Common between Festiva (121 Mk1) and...

The Mazda 121 "Bubble"?

This little car is very scarce over here in the UK but there are quite a few Kia "pride" cars around that I assume might have similar parts?

Are any parts common between the US Festiva (Mazda 121 Mk1/Kia Pride)and Aspire (Mazda 121 Mk2) - I always think of the Ford Aspire as a 121 (bubble) "Hatchback" but perhaps it's not that simple?
    Tell it like it is...not how it should be

i got a 121 mk1 and mk2 here...

i think its like with festiva and aspire. not many parts they share. but some parts you can use on the mk1 to upgrade.

Comment

Ever since I bought this car in Hong Kong (back in 1998 with 24,000km) I've noticed it feels very underpowered and gets crap fuel economy for such a gutless car really.

I had an engine diagnostic done on it a few years ago and the mechanic said everything was running per factory specifications. The car is flawlessly reliable and has only required new disks, pads and brake pipes - oh and a section of the exhaust system.

My mother loves the look of this little car but it does less to the gallon than my old (US) Nissan 240sx which has a 2.4 Litre engine :?

I've failed to find any Mazda 121's (Mk2 "bubbles") in the local breakers yards here so I was really wondering if I can use any Mazda 121 Mk1/Kia Pride spares at all?

One thing that does need replaced soon (due to the Scottish climate!) is the petrol tank as it is starting to rust around the welded seams. If the orginal model shared tanks that could be a bonus!
      Tell it like it is...not how it should be

Comment

Working...
      X