fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel line

forgive me if this is in the archives but i searched and couldnt find it. i am trying to locate the fuel line that goes into the carb. i dont know anything about the fuel system, so i dont know what im looking for, all the hoses look the same to me. also, where is the fuel filter, and what does it look like?

the pump feed is the larger of the two lines facing the firewall, the third line feeds the carb. the filter is directly below the brake booster on the firewall.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i dont understand which lines you're talking about. i see 2 big ones, and theres also a huge one coming out of the vapor can. i cant tell a difference between the fuel hoses and the vacuum hoses.

Comment

The fuel pump is the round thing with the brassy top located on the back of the engine block at the top on the driver's side. The fuel hose comes out of the left side of the pump and goes into the carb.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

u say 3 one is vapor return sencond is gas return and 1 is gas from tank to engine i have a 88 whats wrong ? put a pic up mtec i will show u once u send a pic cause i jusr redid my lines
          Last edited by 1988redfordfestiva; 04-13-2010, 12:24 PM.
          FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

ok i think i know where the line is. i am going to install a magnet on that line close to the carb, maybe it will make gas mileage better, it is supposed to. so nothing is 'wrong' per say

Comment

A magnet's not going to help MPG. There was a discussion about this a while back and it was debunked.

You're better off investing your money in new parts for your car - you WILL see a gain in performance.

-Tim
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

well my mpg is not bad, i get 40-45. but the magnet is supposed to help a little bit and i just have one laying around so its not going to hurt to toss it on there. its also supposed to help performance a little itty bit

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
                  well my mpg is not bad, i get 40-45. but the magnet is supposed to help a little bit and i just have one laying around so its not going to hurt to toss it on there. its also supposed to help performance a little itty bit
                  Pray tell how is this magic supposed to occur?
                  I'm very interested in how this works given that hydrocarbons are non magnetic down to near absolute zero (a few have been found to be superconducting but only just recently).
                  More importantly just suppose (bordering on fantasy here) it did work how little of an increase could you actually detect reliably?
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Hey, let him try.. nothing to hurt by trying.

The only thing I'd be a bit worried about might be the magnet pulling metallic garbage out of the gas flow and it building up on the wall of the line. Other than that, I can't see where it'd have that much effect on the gas. But that's how the scientific principle works.. give 'er a try and see what happens.
                    Carz:
                    '09 Ford F-150
                    '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
                    '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
                    225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
                    ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

No, probably no harm done.
                      It's just sad to see resources (time and money) being spent on mythical technology, time and time again!
                      At least in this case the magnet wasn't purchased.
                      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                      Your holy ghost will not save you.
                      Your God plutonium will not save you.
                      In fact...
                      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                      X