Aspire door rattling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire door rattling

Since the day it was bought, the driver side door on my 96 Aspire would rattle when all the windows are up at speeds above around 50-55. Rolling down the windows, opening the sunroof, or pulling on the door fixes it just fine, but all those are a pain in the ass because it either adds to road noise/coldness and i'm not about to hold my door shut for a whole road trip.

I bought some weather stripping which I guess i'll try to try, I'm not sure how well it's gonna work, but I'm sure others have had this problem, is there any "standard" fix or adjustment to be made for it?

You may be able to adjust the latch snugness by moving the latch inside the door. I think there are two or three screws holding it in there. I don't think the latch bar on the B pillar moves.

You might also check the tightness of the upper door frame. I bent mine in to close the gap on my '93GL. Perhaps that's all you need?

Look at the door to body fit from outside and see how everything lines up and how flush it is.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
    X