valve seal replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve seal replacement

Hello, Just wondering if anybody on this forum has replaced the valve seals in their stock B3 engine. If you have, I would love to hear the procedure you did. Seems that my Festy may be needing this done soon. I get a little bit of blue smoke after start-up and I'm using more oil than typical. Thank you - Royce

i use compressed air from a shop compressor hooked up to my compression gauge fitting to hold the valves in place while using a screw type spring remover( overhead knob with 4 hooks underneath) and a long hollow seal installer.
    that is with each cylinder being at bottom dead center or the compressed air with rotate the engine.

there is another trick using rope , instead of shop air, to fill up the cylinder at top dead center. to keep the valve from falling toooooo far in

I am the original

Comment

.... How much oil are you burning, you think?

Originally posted by roycehof View Post
      Hello, Just wondering if anybody on this forum has replaced the valve seals in their stock B3 engine. If you have, I would love to hear the procedure you did. Seems that my Festy may be needing this done soon. I get a little bit of blue smoke after start-up and I'm using more oil than typical. Thank you - Royce
      A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

It looks like about a half a quart every 1,000 miles. I used to go 5,000 miles between oil changes and it would just be at the fill mark (Bottom mark under the 0.8 ). Amazingly the oil was still pretty clean after 5K but I still changed it and the filter (cheap insurance). The car still runs greats so I doubt it is rings. Right now I'm not going to sweat it, but if anybody has done this I would love to hear the best way to do it.

Comment

Working...
        X