1988 ford festiva vacuum line help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 ford festiva vacuum line help

well did some looking on the site and saw where a couple of lines go got the engine to stay on but still no real power still hesitates when giving gas i took some pics and need to know where these sensors hook up so i can drive it again for a little till i get the efi so i can do a clean motor and harness swap

FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

When does it hesitate? All the time or just at certain RPM ranges? I know my '88 hesitates a bit at 1900-2100 rpm, then it's fine. It's always done it since new.
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Comment

it wont start on its own i have to hit the gas in alittle to get it to start and the sensors in the pics arent hooked up i need to know where they go i fixed some of the issue but not sure on the lines

Comment

Originally posted by 1988redfordfestiva View Post
        it wont start on its own i have to hit the gas in alittle to get it to start and the sensors in the pics arent hooked up i need to know where they go i fixed some of the issue but not sure on the lines
        I have an 88 carby, I will try and take a look.
        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

thanks guys the help is really appreciated tryin to get this running right since i'm done with the body work i gota get it drivable to brin it to the my bros paint shop 50 miles away

Comment

Ok, I went out and traced all of them down. Give me a bit to label the pictures and cleanup and scan a hand sketch for you. I think I can explain it, we shall see. PM me your email address if you would please.
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

damn you are good thanks a ton this is awsome seriously this has been a hand ful for the last 2 months pm sent

Comment

Check your email, I hope that will help. If not we'll dig a little deeper for you.
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

thanks buddy i will check now

Comment

nice the drawing is a plus

Comment

Originally posted by 1988redfordfestiva View Post
                      nice the drawing is a plus
                      Well see what that does for you, and the little hidden things I can prolly dig and get to them tomorrow if you need them. I feel like poo, so I am going to lay down for a bit. I will check back and see how you are coming along, or just PM me.
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

well it didn't help out much but i made a video to have some one better under stand it so hopefully some one knows where these go my festiva is not California emission i think its federal i don't know where to find it but i really need this thing running and its driving me nuts its best if some one does a video like i did with a camera so i can tell exactly where they go

hey there we talk about anything from cars and computers to technology to anything informal if you see something you like feel free to ask we do tons of things on this you tube page and will be bringing more video soon. i work a lot and have very little time but i will try my hardest to post new videos. i have been in the works of updating kodi and my fire stick and how many people post a lot of fake stuff and ill be glad to post the real working stuff. I also show details on cars and have extensive info with all data so if you need something a diagram feel free to email and i will be glad to post back as soon as i can.

Comment

Comment

With so many questions about the vacuum system, I would want to invest in the Ford manual that covers the subject. eBay has lots of them for under $20.

All except one is for the same, popular manual, but that one exception looks especially interesting. Seems to contain extremely detailed, large-scale diagrams, the 7th one down in the list. Only problem, the seller is out of town until May 6th.

I'm sure you'll eventually figure it out.

John Gunn
                            Coronado, CA
                            John Gunn
                            Coronado, CA

Improving anything
                            Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

i have tried by aldata but i cant understand the diagram its to hard

Comment

Working...
                              X