thermostat on 1990 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermostat on 1990 festiva

I need to remove the thermostat in a 1990 festiva and I can't seem to be able to find it? Can someone tell me where it is located? Also whether or not it needs to be replaced after it is removed? The heater doesn't work anyway. Thanks.

You'll find it just below the distributor on the drivers side of the cylinder head. If you have it out you may as well replace it. Be sure to use a thin bead of gasket sealer when putting things back together.

Ian
    92 GL Sport
    Calgary
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

let me make a suggestion, get a 12 mm gear wrench to put it back on. It took me 5 hours to attempt to put the 2nd bolt (under the goose neck) without getting anywhere. Bought that tool for 10 dollars, and got in in in less than 1 min. Thank GOD someone decided to make that tool!
        EZ
        "If it's too loud, Youre too old!"
        Get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on!"

Comment

Originally posted by EricZKC
          It took me 5 hours to attempt to put the 2nd bolt (under the goose neck)
          somehow i doubt it took more than 20 mins :shock:
          Wil
          02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
          00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
          05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
          93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
          96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
          93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

After working for just one hour on a single bolt, I would have tried to install it with a hammer.
            GT

Comment

Thermostat

I had the same problem with that damn thermostat bolt, but I gave up after an hour or two. Another tip would be to shift into 1st gear, this will move the linkage out of the way so that you can have a little more room to work. Should be able to get at it with a ratchet and an extension.

Comment

Working...
              X