Cuts out when i hit the throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuts out when i hit the throttle

Hey i have a 93 Festiva auto, when im sitting at the red light and it changes green, when i step on the gas the car will bog down and like cut out and have no power, doesn't happen all of the time but 60% of the time i would say, doesnt matter if its hot or cold still does it, any clue what it might be? thanks

I would start with a new set of perfectly gapped NGK V-Power spark plugs.

John Gunn
    Coronado, CA
    John Gunn
    Coronado, CA

Improving anything
    Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

I am having the same problem. I will shift down and hit the throttle to speed up, but when I do the engine acts like its not getting fuel. Sometimes my festy won't start, i've got to hold the gas pedal to the floor and crank it until it fires and starts. Sometimes I'm trying to start it for 15 mins at a time...
      1990 L 5-speed blue Festy
      -Mike

Comment

Good thing its not a pull start!

Sure sounds like restricted fuel flow. That will make run normal at times and will lower the fuel pressure starving it when you actually need more. Look for dirt plugging things up, the filter, the screen, rust inside metal tubes are good places to start.

A spark gap test is easy to see if you have carbon tracking somewhere too.
        Last edited by Movin; 06-06-2015, 10:22 AM.
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

The first time this same type of thing happened with me it was my coil. This past time just recently it was a bad tank of gas.

Comment

Working...
          X