88 carbed festiva jets ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 carbed festiva jets ?

i have 88 rebuilt and the carb is my issue throws out to much fuel did all the adjustments as necessary still to much fuel.
    Is there a way i can put a bigger jet for the carb,
    I was told this along time ago any suggestions will be some help thanks guys ...
    FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

If you put larger jet it will throw more fuel than now. you need to put smaller jets, the primary is 83mm and the secondary is 138mm. if they didnt came with the rebuilt kit, you need to look for another kit that has those jets.

Comment

that's .83 and .138mm

and before you go tearing into your carb again, check your O2 sensor for output and verify that your ABC valve is working (air fuel control on the passenger side of the carb)
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

That box that has the 4 vacuum lines i know it works. The issue i think is 2 to 3 of the lines are backwards but the carb does some weird idling but i will have some time tomorrow to mess with it since I'm installing a Mazda thermostat the fail safe 180 was garbage. also replace the fan sensor on the intake as well so the fan kicks on and stays on to cool the radiator ..

Comment

well got good and bad news the good news car run ok ran and extra tank out of the car.
          bad news pull the sending unit for the first time to install the new one in tank and i found clumps of sludge and grit and sand tell me that's funny now i know why its acting up any suggestions with the tank...????'

Comment

flush and seal, or replace tank (i say replace with new as they are obtainable and not too expensive)
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Sending unit just broke just great and its new. well ordered a new tank and got a carb coming soon just looking for a new sending unit or a good used one not gonna go crazy with the car I'm getting to the point where i don't want it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 1988redfordfestiva View Post
                i have 88 rebuilt and the carb is my issue throws out to much fuel did all the adjustments as necessary still to much fuel.
                Is there a way i can put a bigger jet for the carb,
                I was told this along time ago any suggestions will be some help thanks guys ...
                Holy bat guano, actual punctuation!!! We knew you could do it!
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yea I do ramble on at time i am sorry for that tho but so far my car is on stand by i don't know what to do right now...
                  Tank comes in on Monday. still waiting on the carb info and looking for a sending unit. as of right now a good one will just have to so i can test it out ...

Comment

Working...
                  X