short maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short maybe

stupid me did not disconect the battary when tighning the alternator on the rachet hit the battarry terminal on the alternator and i hear a pop now the car will not turn over ,click or anything but the lights work. i will check the fusible links but is there anything else i should check.

thanks for any information.

Idk if it would be anything close to your situation but, I would check your ecu and see if you haven't fried it. Just swap it with a known good ecu.

Comment

Probably just blew the middle fuse on the fuse block. I did the same thing a while ago.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

the middle fuse on the fuse block under the dash?

Comment

Under the hood on the drivers side. Mounted to the front of the strut tower.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

fastivica was correct it burned the middle fusible link so i put a 30amp in there for now but will switch over to the cartridge type but having trouble finding it online by the correct name.

Comment

just pick them up in your local parts store

Comment

Working...
              X