Dayton Ohio Festy Mechanics???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Ohio Festy Mechanics???

My Festy Needs Help Anyone In Dayton Ohio?? Burns Oil but Runs good Looking to Get valve seals and rings done Any Suggestions need to take her somewhere I am not mechanically inclined... I want to save this car it uses about two quarts per 3000 miles and white smoke at start up then shes fine throughout the day I drive it daily

Originally posted by elmobile View Post
    My Festy Needs Help Anyone In Dayton Ohio?? Burns Oil but Runs good Looking to Get valve seals and rings done Any Suggestions need to take her somewhere I am not mechanically inclined... I want to save this car it uses about two quarts per 3000 miles and white smoke at start up then shes fine throughout the day I drive it daily
    Hello .... what year Festy do you have? It may be easier and cheaper just to swap the engine. There is a guy from West Virginia that just posted he is coming to the Ohiostiva meet and he has engines and other stuff if anyone is interested.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Oil smoke

Originally posted by elmobile View Post
      I inherited my yellow Festiva from a friend in Dayton, actually he lived on Harman Tr. in Oakwood.

I'm an old GM guy and when the older chevies blew smoke on start up but not the rest od the day, the problem was valve seals, oil from the heads would seap thru the seals overnight when they were cold down into the cylinders, then burn off and the seals would warm up and expand so when running the seals would stop leaking until it sat ivernight agai,

this little Fesativa I have has 49,000 miles on the odometer, The original owner bouht it in Germany, had it shipped to EastGate ford and was the only other owner.
      He was 93 years old when he passed away in april last year.
      So far I reshoed it all the way around, new wheel bearings, detailed the black bumpers and most recently reconditioned the steel wheels.

If I have an email address I'll send you a pic of my mellow yellow Tiva.

I will be in Dayton next week for a couple of weeks, IF I had a phone number I would call you and take a look at your Tiva.

I'm in N. Carolina now.

The valve seal replacement is not too much of a problem.

Dave Z.

dzip105z@wmconnect.com

Comment

^^there ya go....sounds like a great offer
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Agreed smoke at startup is valve guide seals, which can be replaced without head removal.
          But, 2 Qts in 3k miles means likely you have worn rings which is a more invasive operation, read more $$.
          Might be easier to swap a know good B3 or B6.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
          X