96-97 Aspire Automatic VS Manual Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96-97 Aspire Automatic VS Manual Differences

I've got a 96-97 1.3L Aspire Engine & is Set-up for Automatic & I'm Going to put it in a Manual Aspire Car so what Do I Need to Change on the Engine to work? I was assuming that one or more of the sensors will need swapped but not sure.

1) Flywheel
    2) TPS Sensor?

no sensors need swapped, just the trans and flywheel and pedal assm.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      no sensors need swapped, just the trans and flywheel and pedal assm.
      Thats weird though, You would think the TPS would be Different but I guess its all controled by the ECM. I've heard that the motors would only work w/the same doors 2 door motor will only fit 2 door car but I suppose that has to do w/Different Motormounts or is this bogus too? Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

totaly bogus, the only thing that changes between the 2 and 4 doors are the fuel tanks and the rear hatch cover.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          totaly bogus, the only thing that changes between the 2 and 4 doors are the fuel tanks and the rear hatch cover.

& an extra pair of Doors :p J/K

Cool! :thumbright:

Comment

and a few interior panels.
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

All FI Festivas and Aspires (OBD-1) should have three pin TPSs no matter if they are MTX or ATX. None of our cars had computer control over the transaxle, which is what I believe the four pin TPSs on 323, EGT, et al were for (their four speed autos).

If you are doing engine swaps on Festivas and '94 to '95 Aspires, you will need to use a three pin TPS on your TB. Both B6 engines I bought (one swapped into my '93GL with ATX and one sitting in the garage waiting) were from ATX 323s, so I used a '91 Protege DX 5 speed TB with three pin TPS for my auto car, and I just bought an MTX 323 TB with three pin TPS for my next B6 swap.

As for OBD-II Aspires, I can't say, but I think they would be three pinners too, since their ATXs were all still only three speed with no computer control.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

also you are gonna need aspire automatic axles man.
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                  All FI Festivas and Aspires (OBD-1) should have three pin TPSs no matter if they are MTX or ATX. None of our cars had computer control over the transaxle, which is what I believe the four pin TPSs on 323, EGT, et al were for (their four speed autos).

If you are doing engine swaps on Festivas and '94 to '95 Aspires, you will need to use a three pin TPS on your TB. Both B6 engines I bought (one swapped into my '93GL with ATX and one sitting in the garage waiting) were from ATX 323s, so I used a '91 Protege DX 5 speed TB with three pin TPS for my auto car, and I just bought an MTX 323 TB with three pin TPS for my next B6 swap.

As for OBD-II Aspires, I can't say, but I think they would be three pinners too, since their ATXs were all still only three speed with no computer control.

Karl
                  Its OBD-II Engine

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                  also you are gonna need aspire automatic axles man.
                  why would I need auto axles if the motor is going in a manual aspire?

Comment

yeah anyway Nerd, he's just swapping engines, the trans aren't going with.

Comment

Correct, I bet this one will have a Vacuum Hole on the Intake also Like the Festiva Does on Automatics. If it does I'll just plug er' up

Comment

Working...
                      X