2 Minor Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Minor Problems

Having a problem with my drivers side seat. I can't get the seat to recline. It seems that the lever is stuck. I can't move it. I tried spraying it with WD-40, and PB Plaster but it won't move. Its jammed some how. Anyone have this problem before, if so how did you fix it?
    Also I bought a pair of clear corners with the bumps about 2 years ago. They yellowed and look like crap. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something that can remove this yellowing and clear them up?

Rich

The seat is held to the car by 4 bolts. I'd take it out and look underneath. The bolts go through the floor so the ends are exposed under the car and may be rusty. I'd look under there and clean them up with penetrating oil and a wire brush before removing them.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

there may be something that fell in and got lodged or maybe its rusted. i would check the lever and etc with the plastic removed (im pretty sure it comes off some how but i never really needed to take it off) if its rusty hit it with PB Blaster real good and work it till its free moving. i saved a rear e brake part that was stuck, in the hub, by just spraying it and working it.

also some people say toothpaste works. on head lights.. but

i cant guarantee the outcome but you can try this http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...low+headlights
      Last edited by MTec007; 05-17-2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I think I'll wait till the weekend and remove the seat. I did remove the side plastic piece and sprayed the inners with PB Blaster but it still doesn't work. Maybe removing the seat and flipping it over might reveal the problem.

Comment

Easiest, fastest, and weirdest fix I ever done. Took out the seat and flipped it over. A Quarter fell out. It must of fell out of my pocket and fell down and jammed the level. Would have never thought something like this could happen. Seat works fine and I'm $0.25 richer. It was a Louisana Quarter. I've never been to Louisana. LOL

Comment

hit the bolts with liquid wrench and then hit with a map gas torch then remove bolts.
            make sure not to heat the treads. Anyways good luck with the removal to fix your chairs.
            for them corner lights tooth paste and a high speed sander using a buffer pad .
            Last edited by 1988redfordfestiva; 05-30-2010, 11:13 AM.
            FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Great fix story! And you earned 25 cents to do it! If only every repair were as easy.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Good one! BTW if you ever pull the seat out, clean up the threads, or at least use Anti-Sieze on the threads. same with those two lower bolts on each side that hold the rear seatbelts in.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

thanks guys i learned the tooth paste light clean up from muscle car on spike tv.
                  FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Working...
                  X