aspire engine mis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire engine mis

okay 94 aspire new plugs wires and fuel filter i cleaned gas tank and replaced fuel pump with a good used checked tps adj and idle air . the problem is- constant slight mis ' ,but strange to say it stops missing when you fill the gas tank and starts again when gets down to almost half tank . the car was sitting in the woods for almost two years because it needed a head gasket . i got that done and all else its just this mis that bothers me .highway the car runs good decent power doesnt pull that well but its driveable . sorry about the hard to read phone post lol it runs to good to be timing off a tooth any ideas would be great .and how do you take the ecu out of loop to adj dissy
    New build on the way .

you can't say it's not the belt without checking (i purposly had Caety's '96 off by 2 teeth and it ran smoothly, no power, but smooth) double check your plugs and dizzy cap for scoring.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

belt

i double checked and belt is good removed timing covers and its in time plugs regapped wires correct cap new button new . really dont understand the mis getting worse the lower the gas level goes. hundred and forty thou miles incase your wondering
      New build on the way .

Comment

can you check the fuel pressure at full tank and at half?
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

also check your injectors with a stethiscope (or long screwdriver) may also be intermitant wiring issue, but wouldn't suspect untill the fuel level condition can be varified.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

It sounds fuel related. I would change the fuel filter again. If it sat for 2 years you probably have fuel that is gummed up.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
              can you check the fuel pressure at full tank and at half?
              Any pressure readings??
              Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
              1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

How and how well did you clean the gas tank?

Are there certain speeds and rpm that the miss seems more pronounced? Does it miss at idle?

John Gunn
                Coronado, CA
                John Gunn
                Coronado, CA

Improving anything
                Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

I'm guessing crud in the tank.
                  Did you drain the tank before you fired her back up?
                  If not, wait till till its less than 1/2 a tank and open the drain plug on the tank.
                  Aspires should be the same as the festiva tanks, a 14mm bolt on the bottom of the tank.
                  Or pull the sender/pump assembly from the top of the tank under the access port under the back seat.
                  This is a very common problem with the low quality of todays gasoline.
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Pinch your fuel return line and have rev the car when it gets down to the level you start having problems. If the car acts fine than you know you have some sort of fuel issue. Could be FPR, Pump, junk in the lines, filter, injectors acting up, maybe you have something blocking the little pipe in the tank that keeps the (I will call it a sump) full at all times. If thats the case than at a full tank it would run great until you get to half a tank it wont be able to get over the wall to be able to get fuel to the pump. Just a thought I was having. I have been inside way too many Aspire Fuel tanks lol.
                    Last edited by Roboskittle; 05-21-2010, 08:46 AM.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Working...
                    X