Where to find rear dust caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find rear dust caps?

I had to replace a rear bearing dust cap due to rust, but the junkyard removes them with a punch and hammer, which make them out of shape and spews grease after a few days. My local parts store says it's discontinued. Anybody knows where I can buy some online?
    The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Hey , post in the FS/Wanted area would be my advice. Pretty sure you could score one there in good condition
    Jeremy.S
    1988 black lx 5spd cancer victim
    1989 red lx 5spd , cancer free lots o options,
    1983 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon, It's a monster!

Comment

I'd hammer back to shape and patch the split with solder or thickened epoxy.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Im going to the JY this afternoon. Ill pick some up.

-Scott
        Aqua 93 L
        Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
        White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I picked up what look to be two very new ones at the JY. They are yours for price of shipping!

-Scott
          Aqua 93 L
          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

^^ The Man!! Problem solved in less than a day. :thumbleft:
            Last edited by batstiva; 05-20-2010, 04:48 PM. Reason: Edited because I apparently can't do math. D'oh!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Pocket_Rocket is in Quebec. Will American Festy dust caps fit French-Canadian Festys?
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

^ Yes LOL

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

^^^ Tom, that's 'oui' in Canadian! :-)

Comment

Haha, I sure hope they fit!!! What is the world coming to if American Festiva dustcaps can't fit on Canadian spec Festivas? Either way, I see Leapin is from BC, so they should fit! And Leapin, let me know how you want to do this. I have paypal by the way.
                    The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X