Brake Caliper Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Caliper Question

Okay, I've been on this board awhile, but I haven't posted very often, so feel free to edit this if I do something totally wrong...

My question is: I have a 1992 Festiva ( the one in my avatar), and the brakes are basically just shot( front, rear, and parking). I know that the entire Aspire brake and suspension system can be bolted in (the Search function on this forum is awesome), but can just the front calipers be interchanged? I'd like to get the car driveable before deciding what to do next..... Sorry if this has been asked before, maybe I've got situational blindness and didn't see it during my searches. Don't feel like you have to hold my hand, but if someone could tell me what search phrase to use, or maybe even a link, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I would say no main reason being the different diameter of brakes. The mounting points on the knuckles for the calipers may be different as well.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Well, thank you Roboskittle for replying. I just ordered a remanufactured caliper from Autozone. I found one in a junkyard nearby for $20, newly remanufactured one is $29.99 with a two year warranty. I suppose nine bucks is a good deal for a warranty. As a side note, of the four local junkyards I called, only one had two Festivas, and they were picked clean. There aren't many of these cars around Rochester, Minnesota. Too bad

Comment

Working...
      X