Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got all the bolts out , traqnny wont come off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got all the bolts out , traqnny wont come off.

trying to get the tranny off thwe b3 , all bolts are removed but it wont come off. it wiggles too. any quick help would be great thanks
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Did you get all the little ones out too?

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

pretty sure i did. do i need to relase the clutch or something?
      05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Nope just pull all the bolts and she should slide right out unless somehow the input shaft rust welded to the clutch disk. Highly doubt that happened though. I didnt think I needed to pull all the little bolts out and mine would not budge. Pulled the last remaining little bolts and she slid right off. Good luck with it man.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

The little bolts we're referring to are the two or three 10mm bolts holding the cover plate to the transmission on the oil pan side.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

ok i went over everything and theyre seems to be one little bolt inside the hole where the starter goes , it seems to be holding it to the block. i cant can my tools in there. ill figure it out though. cant wait to get this b8 in there. gunna be awesome.

Comment

did you remove the 2 bolts holding the bracket/hose to where the starter was? that hose has to be moved.. i had the same thing happen to me, and i finally figured it out.. the last bolt on the right side of the bracket is a royal b for me to get off.

Comment

I had this happen when I was doing mine...how many bolts did you remove? I think there were 12 or 13...there are a few small ones behind where the starter goes, but not in the starter hole
                89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

If you have removed all the bolts, you should have 4 tiny bolts, 2 medium size bolts, and 4 big bolts. The little bolt inside the starter hole does not have to be removed. Do you have a CV axle stub shaft with the cir clip on it stuck in the transmission? If you do that may be catching on the tin plate.
                  You gonna race that thing?
                  http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

there was 3 little bolts holding the tin plate on. i thought the plate came off with the tranny thats why i had trouble thanks

Comment

get it back in yet?
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                        get it back in yet?
                        no , i still gotta get a new clutch and take the stuff of the b8.

Comment

you can do it! you can do it all night!!

Comment

Originally posted by takeone51 View Post
                            you can do it! you can do it all night!!
                            lol nope im goin to bed.

Comment

bolts total...
                              91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

Working...
                              X