Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a new manual transmission for 1997 aspire, what years will fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new manual transmission for 1997 aspire, what years will fit?

I have read enough to know, I think, that the tranny in our car at 230,000 miles is in trouble. It is grinding like hell with the clutch pedal out. I have the shop manual but I doubt it would be a good idea for somebody like me to try and mess with my unit to rebuild.

So I figured I would look on craigslist or a junkyard for another tranny I can throw in with a new clutch/flywheel kit for cheap and move on, but was wondering what year festiva/aspire manual 5 speed transmissions will swap right in? Thanks so much!

90-93 Festiva's all had 5-speed transmissions unless they were replaced with a 4-speed.
    94-97 Ford Aspire 5-speed will work
    88-89 Mazda 323 with the 1.6L will work (F-series) 5-speed is a bit better built.

Hope this helps,

Jay
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

i have a festiva trans in my garage if you really need it its a good one it came out of the 88 i'm redoing i also have a spare putting an aspire 5 speed with motor in my 88 the other 88 is getting the ford probe engine
      FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Originally posted by 1988redfordfestiva View Post
        i have a festiva trans in my garage if you really need it its a good one it came out of the 88 i'm redoing i also have a spare putting an aspire 5 speed with motor in my 88 the other 88 is getting the ford probe engine
        That's a nice offer, but you do realize he is on the other coast. Shipping may be a little bit more for that distance. At any rate, jolly good offer.:headbang:
        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

An F-series transmission will require custom mounts.

On the E-series, use the front transmission mount for the transmission you're installing.

An Aspire trans in a Festiva requires the Aspire front transmission mount be used, so a Festiva trans in an Aspire will probably require the Festiva front transmission mount.
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

well if u want heres a link to search all local junk yard via the web for your part

Partshotlines.com is the internet's only place to find used auto parts and used car parts from auto salvage yards within seconds - no junk yards here.

Input the year make model and what your looking for and your zip code and you should find what your looking for and the price of the part works for me but to an extent on festiva parts..

frank

Comment

but i looked it up none in cali but there are some in nc where kartracer46 lives ..

PartsHotlines is the internet's only place to find used car parts from auto salvage yards within seconds. .

Comment

Working...
              X