Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one remove a bumper cover

Hey guys,
    I wanted to take off bumper cover on 88 frstiva and could only find bottom and side attachments (which I removed) but was mystified as to how to detach the upper portion from bumper...any clues?-Thanks

You actually have to take and unbolt the impact bar too. there are four nuts on the inside of the body that hold it on. the fasteners for the upper part of the cover are tucked in between the body and the impact bar.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
      You actually have to take and unbolt the impact bar too. there are four nuts on the inside of the body that hold it on. the fasteners for the upper part of the cover are tucked in between the body and the impact bar.
      My rear bumper only had 3 bolts/nuts on each side, 2 on top & 1 on the bottom. The bottom nut on each side is accessible from under the car. The top/inner most nuts are accessible from inside the car's hatch area and are right out in the open. To get to the outer-most top nuts, I had to remove the interior side panels on each side. Hope that helps!
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Some photos at http://www.ag384bn.bravehost.com/Cars.htm
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

nice link really helpful i actually need a rear bumper support mine is rotted for the bootm part there are no little arms to hold the bottom that's how bad it is
          FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Bumper cover removal

So because I am a mechanical BONEHEAD-let me see if I got this.... I have to remove actual bumper underneath the cover first, and this is done from the inside of the car? Would this from the bulkhead where jack and tire iron are nestled? Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonjohn View Post
              So because I am a mechanical BONEHEAD-let me see if I got this.... I have to remove actual bumper underneath the cover first, and this is done from the inside of the car? Would this from the bulkhead where jack and tire iron are nestled? Thanks for the info
              Yes, you have the correct area. I can take some pictures tomorrow if you need some.
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

That would be very helpful- thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X