cant remove tranny from b8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant remove tranny from b8

well im stuck on another transmission problem. this time im sure ive gotten all the bolts out because i can rock the tranny side to side like 6 inches. just wont come off. any ideas ? id like to get it mounted tommorro.
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

If you can move it that much, you might be able to get a wrench in between the bell housing and the block or maybe work in through the starter hole and take out the clutch to flywheel bolts. Then you should be able to get the transmission off and find your problem.
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

sounds like the input shaft is stuck in the pilot bearing. If you can, spray some penetrant as close as you can to where the shaft enters the engine. then use a couple of the biggest pry bars you can and rock it back and forth while pulling on it.
      "If you come to a fork in the road, take it".... Yogi Berra

Comment

i asked on CP and they said the same thing , rust or something on the input shaft. i guess ill just smash it till it comes off.
        05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

As yes, yet another case of the forgotten 10mm bolt. Yes that's right, there's at least 3 little 10mm (wrench head size) bolts that goes through that thin plate that's behind the flywheel from the engine side into the trans. There's one just below the axle, then there's 1 on each side just below the 2 big top bolts. That's the good news, the bad news is, you've probably pulled on the this plate to the point of serious distortion.
          I would recommend pulling the flywheel after you finally get it apart, and then make sure you flatten that plate back out or the screaching noise you would ultimately hear would be the flywheel surely rubbing against it. Good luck.
          Anyone who actually changes their own clutch on a front wheel drive car, will never have to prove their bravery to me in any other way ;-)
          97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
          CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
          Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
            As yes, yet another case of the forgotten 10mm bolt. Yes that's right, there's at least 3 little 10mm (wrench head size) bolts that goes through that thin plate that's behind the flywheel from the engine side into the trans. There's one just below the axle, then there's 1 on each side just below the 2 big top bolts. That's the good news, the bad news is, you've probably pulled on the this plate to the point of serious distortion.
            I would recommend pulling the flywheel after you finally get it apart, and then make sure you flatten that plate back out or the screaching noise you would ultimately hear would be the flywheel surely rubbing against it. Good luck.
            Anyone who actually changes their own clutch on a front wheel drive car, will never have to prove their bravery to me in any other way ;-)
            im almost certain i removed ALL the bolts. im not using the flywheel and clutch anyway. using the festiva tranny. i have a spare plate. thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X