sub frame bolt help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub frame bolt help please

I have been following nonamekids' DIY instructions for transmission removal and had the last of four 17mm bolts on the subframe twist loose up inside the mount .Now it just spins and wont come out . I tried wedging a prybar to hold tension while turning without success . Its the back bolt closest to the fender . I cant find access from above , so am considering cutting the head off unless i can find another way . Would it be ok to just use 3 of the subframe bolts when I put it back together ? I am also considering taking the transmission out through the top if I cant remove the subframe .
    Thanks for any ideas and thoughts . Greasy and frustrated :angry5:

If the 4th bolt is still tight and just turns because the nut broke loose, I would put the other three back in and take the transmission out the top. You really should have all 4 bolts because not only does the crossmember hold up the motor and transmission, it helps stiffen the front of the car frame where the sway bar attaches.
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Thanks Festy46 , after a few more hours spraying , prying and praying I got the fourth one out . So now the trans is out and the clutch was shot beyond belief . Hope to get things back together soon . Thanks for the advise .

Comment

Working...
      X