1.3 Motor Mount Bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 Motor Mount Bolts?

Recently my car has been acting up a little bit and has been jerking the car around like crazy when I am in 1-3 gear. I started checking it out with a friend and we noticed that the front motor mount has lost it's bolt :shock:! So I thought about heading to the junk yard and pulling one but I figured that I would post it on here so that way I can just run down to Ace and get a new bolt altogether. I looked in my manual but it doesn't say the length or size but it does give 64-89 N.m for the torque (I know that doesn't really help you but I did look). I believe that it should have a washer on it too but not 100%. If anybody could help me out with a width and length that would be amazing and will keep my car from doing wheelies ! Thanks in advance!!!
    :festiva::newb::festiva:

You don't want to replace an automotive bolt with an every day hardware bolt, there is a specific grade bolt that was used for the mount, and it will save you time and money to get the right one for the job. i dont know the specifics on that bolt however.

Comment

I say why guess go to the junkyard it will be just as good as long as its not stripped out or rounded off.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Using a GRADE 8 bolt will work just fine!
        There are bolts, and then there are BOLTS!
        Standard bolts go like this:

Hardware store = stripped (weak, no raised ribs)
        Grade 5 = tougher (3 raised ribs on head)
        Grade 8 = toughest (5 raised ribs on head)
        (grade 5 & 8 are heat treated)

Then there are the "superalloy" bolts (special application)
        Last edited by drddan; 06-21-2010, 03:26 PM.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Thanks guys! Yes I was planning on putting in a grade 8 bolt not just an everyday bolt from the hardware store. Since I posted this i went to an auto parts store and they had the motor mounts but they wouldn't just sell me the bolt that I needed, and I checked the mount and it is in great condition. So my question is what diameter should I get for this bolt? I haven't measured it yet (but will before purchase) and it looks like it is about 3 inches long minimum. Thanks again for the help guys!
          :festiva::newb::festiva:

Comment

Working...
          X