No announcement yet.

TOTAL brake failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think what he's saying is if you don't do alot of hard braking, you might not realize how much brake you are lacking. It's only when you slam them and what is supposed to happen doesn't that you realize you have a problem.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
      I think what he's saying is if you don't do alot of hard braking, you might not realize how much brake you are lacking. It's only when you slam them and what is supposed to happen doesn't that you realize you have a problem.
      That's exactly what I'm saying.

The last vehicle it happened to was my F 250 Diesel. It's a manual shift. Has all kinds of engine braking even in high gear so I never have to touch the brakes with anymore force than my big toe will give me.

I'd been driving it everyday for awhile. Didn't notice anything wrong. Son came by to borrow the truck. He put his foot on the brake going around the corner, out of the driveway and dumped all the brake fluid on the ground and brake pedal on the floor. That was the FIRST time I had seen the brake warning light on, on that truck.

Comment

Working...
      X