About 2 months ago, I did an engine rebuild because the piston no: 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About 2 months ago, I did an engine rebuild because the piston no: 4

About 2 months ago, I did an engine rebuild because the piston no: 4 was leaking too much oil from it (see pics). I was wondering how could this happened? I know that I have done 2 things to the engine - (not at the same time). Once I turbocharged my b3 with no more than 5 psi boost with just an fmu and no inter cooler, but never pushed it to the limits. Also after I removed the turbo, I fitted a diy hydrogen generator. I think that that ruined my piston because I put the hose right to the intake plenum where there was nothing connected. So the engine sucked up more than 3 oz. I think that the hydrogen is acid and so getting very hot. I don't think that a turbo may do this damage to a piston from the side. I say that because all other 3 pistons where in perfect order, and so were the rings. Any thoughts? Thanks
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Here is the pic of the intake plenum where I connected the hose from do hydrogen.

Comment

looks like you connected the hydrogen thing to your valve cover and you were pumping it into your crank case not the intake manifold. Also hydrogen is not an acid, and If I were you I would take it off because it isn't doing anything at all to help your performance.

Comment

Originally posted by BP-Festiva View Post
        looks like you connected the hydrogen thing to your valve cover and you were pumping it into your crank case not the intake manifold. Also hydrogen is not an acid, and If I were you I would take it off because it isn't doing anything at all to help your performance.
        That photo is recent and the hydrogen was removed long time ago. that line you saw was to the oil catch can

Comment

OMG dude yes you ran your snake oil into your valve cover...

Im glad you removed that crap from your car. Too late though.

Hope you didnt pay much for it.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Your turbo cooked your pistons!All the pistons shows extreme high temperature damage. Probably created by too lean of fuel mixture under boost.

Kirk

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva Time View Post
              Your turbo cooked your pistons!All the pistons shows extreme high temperature damage. Probably created by too lean of fuel mixture under boost.

Kirk
              X2. An fmu doesn't do too much for fuel delivery on an otherwise stock fuel system. Probably stock ign timing too.

Comment

Working...
              X