Anyone in oklahoma???? *helpppp*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in oklahoma???? *helpppp*

Ok so I have done the search function looked at all the issues everyone else has and still can not get this car to fire. I have zero spark I've changed the coil, Module, distro, and nada. I used alldata to get info but looks like everything is good. I used a multi to signal the wires and everything shows to be in good order.... My head is spinning can anyone help????? 91 ford festiva fi
    "Its not about what you know Its about how good you use the knowledge that you have"

battery good?

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

haha ya. But thanks for that....
      "Its not about what you know Its about how good you use the knowledge that you have"

Comment

OK, a little background so we can see how this developed.

Rotor in the proper position and spark plug wires correctly attached distributor cap?

BTW, welcome!

Do yourself and us a favor and add your location to your profile.
        It doesn't have to be an exact address but give us a general idea of where you are as it might be useful if someone wanted to drop by and give you a hand or send you parts.

You can add your location to your profile as follows:

Go to User CP (top of the Page in the blue bar)
        Control Panel(left side of screen)
        Edit Profile-scroll to bottom of page to location.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Rotor and everything is all correct. Its like the cps isnt sending a signal and alldata says it should ohm out at 210-215k and ive tested three distro including one off a running car and none of them are even close to that range. This is my buddies car I own a kustom fab shop Building turbo cars and stuff but this "Beast" is a big pain in my... well you know....

Comment

How about the ECU? This could be bad.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Ya I was thinking that so while I have been playing with the car I took the dash out to make it easier to probe wires. But anyhow I dont want to just throw an ecu at the car as I try to do things by the book and not be some shade tree thats throws parts at cars hence why Ive asked this question but Im about ready to just order one and try it.

Comment

How many ecu's have you guys seen fail? I took it apart and looked at the guts none of the resistors are fried and it looks really clean to my amazment inside

Comment

I had a similar problem recently with a VW, and the tests showed the ECU to be good. You can probably get a used one on the board cheap from someone. They don't go bad often but they are electrical!
                  Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

True. did the wiring harnesses change year to year? Reason I ask is because can I use any of the fi ecu's or does it need to match numbers wise to the one in the car?

Comment

You can use any EFI wiring harness except for 89, it is a one year only harness.
                      Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X