Auto trans rebuild and one problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto trans rebuild and one problem

Ok so I was following the how to for the transmission. I removed the governor, rolled the transmission over and took the pan off. I then proceeded to remove the main valve body bolts to pull the VB out. Once I got it lifted there was a small long pin that fell out of the valve body and I did not get to see where it came from any ideas? I am thinking that it sits between the modulator and the VB but am unsure. Also the spring and detent that sits under the VB, well the spring is highly visible but does the detent set above or under the spring, looking at it from the top or the bottom?

first part: pushrod for the vacuum modulator, as you already guessed.

second part: having trouble visualizing the issue...
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

good deal, Thank you buddy! I found the check ball I used a magnet to get it out of the case so I am good with the detent. Now for the interesting part of this. I could not get the pass half shaft out have the inner joint left in transmission only so I can move it easily, so I am going to see if I can split the case with it still in the differential. I tried pry bars, pickle forks, slide hammers even a metal bar ground down like a screw driver through the other side of the differential against the end of the shaft to hammer it out, nothing is budging it. Will the differ come with the bell housing side of the case or do you have to unbolt the large gear that turns it to get it out? Never been inside of this transmission but have done a few FWD. I hate them damd clips on the half shafts!! I think I am gonna owe u a beer or few next time I see you buddy you have pulled my iron out of the fire a few times!

Comment

Working...
      X