Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Rear Wheel Question

Hello All,

I have searched this forum many times in my quest to put 175/70 R13 tires on my Festiva. There is much information here, and for that I am grateful! I have tried to put 95 Accent wheels on my car. They fit well in the front, but the rear is rubbing the tires. I know I can use a 1/4 spacer, but the auto parts stores only carry spacers for 5 lugs. I was hoping to get this done today or tomorrow, so I would like to avoid having to order anything.

So my question is, what steel 13 inch wheels will fit on the back of the Festiva with the above tire size without rubbing, and without using a spacer? I think that a Mitsubishi Mirage might have the right offset, but I am not sure. I would like to find out before heading out to the junk yard, I have done quite a bit of the trial and error thing already!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Try contacting some tire shops or shops that specialize in aftermarket wheels. They should have the spacers for four lug wheels.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Thank you for the info Festivaca. I will do that as a last resort, it beats leaving 12"s on the back!

Comment

13 inch metro rims.
        93L sold. First FESTY!
        91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
        91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
        89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
        93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
        89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
        93GL Sold Too Soon!
        91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

I put Mazda protege steel wheels on mine with 185/60/13, no rubbing issues ever.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Thanks Gestiva! Just the answer I was looking for! Many thanks!!!!

Comment

Thank you also Freashtiva, now I have two cars to choose from, doubles the odds of them being in stock!

Cheers!

Comment

Osx

Too bad you weren't at Ohiostiva 10. I had some spacers I was selling.

Comment

Hey bravekozak,

Maybe I will be at next years. i just bought a 1988 LX with 87,800 miles on it! Its been sitting for quite a while, but I will have it on the road soon. I have to fix the A/C also, but at least it has it!

take care,
                  aero

Comment

Metro wheels work. Protégé wheels only work with an aspire swap
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

aeroplaneguy...If your tires are rubbing on the struts, it is offset issue. A lot of rims have 40+ to 45+ offsets. Sits the tire/rim closer into the strut. I have 20+ offsets on mine and no rubbing. Have 1/2 inch space between strut and tire.
                      Of course if you get spacers, that will cure it on 40+ offset type rims.
                      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Hello bhazard, thanks for the info. My junk yard said they had a 98-99 Metro sedan with 3 wheels. But when I got there I found that one was aluminum, one was some funky wheel from who-knows-where, and the stock one was bent. I will limit my search to 98-99 Metros now. I am not sure if there is a difference between the wheels from a two door, or the wheels of a sedan. I don't plan on doing the Aspire swap anytime soon. Thanks again!

Comment

drddan, I will limit my focus to Metro wheels, unless someone knows which other stock steel wheels have the +20 offset. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by aeroplaneguy View Post
                            drddan, I will limit my focus to Metro wheels, unless someone knows which other stock steel wheels have the +20 offset. Thanks for the help!
                            Suzuki Swift wheels fit and the center is the right size for our cars...I run them on mine.
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Hello GenevaDirt. I will put Swift wheels on my list. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X