323 Delay Wiper in 89 Festiva L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 323 Delay Wiper in 89 Festiva L

I tried installing a white lettered delay wiper stalk and module. The wiring isn't right, I plugged it in and tried it but blew a fuse. I looked at the pins and the labels looked like they should be flipped upside down. So I flipped it and the wipers wouldn't shut off. I need to re-pin the harness. Can somebody post a pin out chart of the orange letter stalk module and the white letter stalk module??? Please!?!?!
    Amazing Amanda

Do you have pics? I've done several of these, both 323 and 626, with and without variable intermittent. Never had a problem; just replaced the stalk and module. I'm curious what you have done exactly. From the 323, you have to use the 1986 - 89 module and stalk. Roughly the same years for the 626 stuff too. They have to be the ones that have the square stalk end, where it goes into the steering column.
    Last edited by TominMO; 07-16-2010, 08:49 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

It's the one with the cruise control button on the end of the stalk. I won it at Ohiostiva from SafetyGuy. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
      Amazing Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by aglatfe1 View Post
        It's the one with the cruise control button on the end of the stalk. I won it at Ohiostiva from SafetyGuy. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
        Yeah, I've done three of those. Has the variable intermittent wiper? It must have the square shaft going into the column, as I said. It should be plug and play.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Amanda, you know i'm right down the road from you.... and i don't bite. come see me some time this weekend after 6. and i have monday off as well.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'm up in New York this weekend with Aaron! He tried installing the wipers but it kept blowing fuses. The wires are pinned differently. Aaron says that he needs a diagram!
            Amazing Amanda

Comment

wondering if the wiper modual is defective....
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
              X