Festiva Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Brakes

I recently bought i ford festiva and im doing some minor work here and there before i get it inspected.
    It needed 2 new brakes lines so i put them on and bled the brakes
    and when the car is off i pump the brakes the pedal gets real stiff and you cant press which is normal but them when i start the car and push the brakes i can push it to the floor i took it out ofr a drive and i have to push it to the floor and it brakes but it wont stop on a dime.

Are fesitva brakes always like this or is something wrong

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Did you bleed the entire system. i.e. start at the right rear; left rear; right front; left front, or only the lines that were replaced?

Comment

or....

mine did the same thing, except the power booster was junk, so the pedal didnt get stiff. After i fixed that, my pedal got stiff, but it would also go to the floor. I found out later that the guy busted a line, and all the fluid dumped out of the master cylinder, and air got in.

you might have to bleed that first, but, if when you pump your brakes, fluid shows up at the bleeder screws, that isnt your problem.

I had no fluid in my lines what so ever

**But, shouldnt this be in the repair help section?**
      Yes, your are correct. Thanks
      Last edited by Pu241; 07-17-2010, 07:30 AM.
      1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

When you replaced the brake lines did you lose all fluid in the reservoir.
        Which lines did you replace?
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

yeah i lost all the fluid in the lines but i bled them out and fluid is in them now do you have to bleed the master cylander

Comment

if you're getting fluid to the lines, the master cylinder shouldn't have to be bled. even with fluid in them the pedal still dosen't get stiff?
            1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Working...
            X