No announcement yet.

Looking for a good repair place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've lost 2 spindles (right rear) because the ASE certified mechanics didn't understand the operation of an impact wrench.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

The "mechanics" paid for those didn't they?
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Not all of it!!
        They also didn't get anymore business from me. Nor any recommendations!!
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
          The "mechanics" paid for those didn't they?
          In my case, the answer would be yes. Yes for the spindle, and yes for a whole lot more.

Jerry Lee, curious what excuse they came up with when they decided not to pay. Seems kind of open and shut to me. You break the car, you fix it.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

BeBandit

If you make it down to help Teresa,take some pic's so we know what we are working with.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
              If the car can be driven your daughter can take it in for a free brake inspection at some national chain, like Canadian Tire here in Canada. Here in Ontario there is a government safety inspection all cars must pass before they can be registered by a new owner. If the same is true in Georgia your daughter will get a list of things the car needs, if any, before she can change the tags over to her name. Many of the standard parts for the Festiva are still available new if she is not willing to look for them in junk yards. She should get an estimate for all the work that needs to be done before deciding if she should keep the car.
              The car is already registered in her name, and there's nothing that keeps it from being street-worthy. Hopefully it doesn't need as much mechanical work as I imagine, since it does run relatively well. She's not afraid of a challenge, and will be willing to check at junkyards, if she knows what she needs and how to know if it's in acceptable condition when she finds it. I hope that she will meet with Jerry as soon as possible and then go from there.

I'll try to find a few pics and post them tomorrow.

Comment

Met the car and Amanda (Teresa's daughter) yesterday to replace the rusty pass side headlight, and its in pretty good shape overall. A few dings and dents here and there, and the clearcoat on the roof is fading, but mechnically its pretty solid. Only real problem I noticed were the rear wheel bearings are a little worn, and the fronts are getting pretty bad, can hear there whirring even at 30MPH. She's going to try not to drive it this week and next weekend we'll be going back down there with the Aspire swap off of my parts car, instead of replacing the bearings. After that and maybe a drivers side axle, and some maintenance here and there it should be good to go, then its just the little things like dual mirrors, stereo, speakers, stuff like that. Good solid little car to work from though. She's already asking about motor swaps too, so I'm looking forward to having some fun with this car since I don't have one of my own to play with right now. I'll keep everyone updated on progress and also what parts we may need down the road!
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

That's a heckuva good deed you're doing there, htchbck! That's why this site is so great--the people.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Joseph, A huge thank you!

It's good to have somebody who knows what they're doing, guiding and helping us on this project. I'm very excited anticipating the finished project. I've always loved this little car, and it will be so much better once we've jazzed it up.

Comment

Wait till you see it with the new wheels this weekend! Makes a BIG difference in both appearance and safety, should also get rid of some of the vibration at highway speeds too
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

We want pics before and after!
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

yeah, I meant to get pics yesterday but I'll make sure I do this weekend. All thats been done to it so far is replace a rusty headlight that had a tiny hole from a rock but enough to let water in and rust get started
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa View Post
                            I'll try to find a few pics and post them tomorrow.
                            I only found one pic and it's not worth posting. Amanda and/or Joseph hopefully will post some soon. I asked her to take a bunch of interior and exterior.

Comment

Working...
                            X