no gauges and break lights stay on when lights on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no gauges and break lights stay on when lights on

Ok guys its a 88 l carb. I just put new motor in it and got it running, but all the sudden when you turn the lights on the break lights come on too? Also the gauge cluster stopped working and cooling fan is on at all times. Also when hit breaks with lights off the marker lights come on. Also i have no turn lights i have 4 ways but no turn. I have change clusters and columns and still same thing.
    Help me out guys all grounds are ok but will check again.

No one have a idea?lol
    Ok i can take the tail light fuse out and they still come on and can take the stop light fuse out and turn the lights on and the break lights still come on. Also when the lights are on and car is running the buzzer still goes off.

Comment

I am assuming you swapped a EFI engine into your 88. I think some of the wiring got crossed in the conversion.
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

You have to sort your wiring. It's brakes BTW.
        Oscar

Comment

It is still carbed.
          Ok but i never had this problem before until yesterday. Also I had put a different cluster that was a tack one and it acted funny when i put it in my black car, but didn't do this to it.

Comment

Working...
          X