shifter moved 1 to the right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifter moved 1 to the right?

All my gears have seemed to move to the right???? where 3rd and 4th should be is where 1st and 2nd are. good lord plz help plz plz plz and thank u.

check all of your engine mounts and your stabilizer shaft(trans to shifter assembly) bushings

I am the original

Comment

they are all right. a transmission shop just hung up on me while i was explaing it to him. all the linkage and mounts are fine. the angine and transmision are sitting where they are supposed to be. there is a problem in the transmission. wat could it be???

Comment

do you have all 5 gears and reverse?

I am the original

Comment

You didn't happen to Chuck Norris kick your shifter, did you? I'm sure you'd notice by the angle of the shift knob and the oddness of it, but just making sure...
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

The shift gate inside the transmission could have broken allowing the linkage to do what you've experienced. Unfortunately the only way to check that is to pull the transmission and split the case. I have a transmission that was stuck in one gear because of the broken shift gate. Here's what it looked like before I had it welded back together.

Hopefully the cause of your problem is external and an easy fix. Good luck.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

buy a trans.
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

just got this trans it was just opened up and it was fine. i bought it from festivBS

Comment

well if someone in kansas city has a transmission i can use let me know.

Comment

actually can some one run me thru replaceing the shift gate in my old transmission went out and i could just replace that. or if anyone knows where i can get it done cheaply in kansa city i have no problem spending 500 dollars fixing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X