carb to efi swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb to efi swap

I have an 88 non fuel injected car with a bad engine and I've tried searching this topic but coulnt find a clear answer. If I put in an in line fuel pump do I have to replace the entire wiring harness with an efi harness? And can I just swap the old top half with an efi top half? I have a 93 for the swap but minor questions. Any help much appreciated thank you.

Welcome! Here is a link that tells you everthing you need for the swap to EFI(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=16). You could use a inline fuel pump if you dont want to swap the fuel lines and the fuel pump in the tank. You could always just swap the carb intake and distributor and put the mechanical fuel pump onto the EFI motor and keep the car Carbed. Also add your location to your profile incase you need parts or if someone is nearby they can come over and help.
    '90 LX

Comment

opposite

I am doing the opposite. Installing an electric pump to an 89 carb wiring harness. I have the fuel return line in place in the 93 body. I just have to add an extra wire from the pump to the inertia switch, and then from the switch to the fuel pump relay, then from the relay to the ignition. I will have to install a bypass regulator.

Comment

Working...
      X