No air from drivers side vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No air from drivers side vent

Got the AC working half-way. All the dash vents but the drivers side. All the others vents (defrost, lowers) work. Well I ought to say instead of coming out the vent it comes out of a vent right underneath the steering column. Keeps your feet nice and cool I guess not a bad thing. All the ducts are there. Any ideas?
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Idea the first: vent tube is not connected all the way to the vent itself.
    Idea deux: something is blocking the vent tube.

It should be easy to troubleshoot this.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Should be but short of tearing the dash out don't know. I put something through the tube and it's not plugged anywhere. Bet I'll have to take the box out completely that'll stink.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

dont our cars use rods to open and close the vents? maybe its closed?

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
          dont our cars use rods to open and close the vents? maybe its closed?
          He sez it's only the driver side vent; presumably the pass side one is flowing OK, and the two sides use the same direction setting. So it sounds like something specifically with the driver side vent, not the rod. Correct, Eric?
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

There's nothing mechanical that I can think of that would stop just one vent from working. Guessing you have some sort of blockage in that vent tube.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
              There's nothing mechanical that I can think of that would stop just one vent from working. Guessing you have some sort of blockage in that vent tube.
              +1. If you put a wire thru there to check for blockage, the wire maybe went thru the blockage.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                He sez it's only the driver side vent; presumably the pass side one is flowing OK, and the two sides use the same direction setting. So it sounds like something specifically with the driver side vent, not the rod. Correct, Eric?
                Yeah the rod is there and working. Guess I don't understand what the vent is above the brake pedal. Must be something in the box itself.
                91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Figured it out! Damn! It is missing part of the tube. It's a square tube not the round like I thought. Figured it out after I turned my head *lol*. Defiantly the most screwed up car I've ever had.
                  Last edited by ericsmith32; 07-27-2010, 07:17 PM.
                  91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
                  X