Stripped nut and bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped nut and bolt

Hi I have stripped the nut and bolt that connects the front hub to the controll arm. Its the bolt that clamps the hub to the controllarm joint. Its for a WB 95 Festiva (I think you call them Aspires in America)I can't find one at the wreckers as Festivas of my model arn't very common at the wreckers (too good of a car maybe ). It has thread on the start then half way down the thread disapears and at just before the head it has a knerl that slots in to the hole of the hub and won't allow it to turn. I need another one bad! P.M. me if you can help! I am in Australia!

Thanx heaps guys!

Brian

P.S. Help my poor 3 wheeled Festy! :sad4:
    Fun and Festy!
    www.zappascomputers.com.au
    My Festy, My Girls Festy and My Hillman Minx

pic would help man

Comment

Here is a pic of the bolt

It has a 14mm nut and bolt head. The measurements in the pic are rough but close as I used a ruler
      Fun and Festy!

Comment

pinch bolt they should be all the same on all (similar) models, someone correct me if im wrong

Comment

Yeah, check out the earlier Festivas in the JY too.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanx I will have a look! They almost never have a WB or nwer Festiva but they always have WA's
            Fun and Festy!

Comment

Mine on my 93 festiva wouldn't budge. I couldn't even get a good enough drill bit to get it out, and a punch didn't even work, lol. I ended up getting a steering knuckle from a jy
              1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Take the old bolt to the store and match it up. Common item. I could have bought a replacement at Canadian Tire or at Valley Fasteners here in Ottawa but was able to clean up the old one and reuse it. Perhaps the replacement should be same hardness rating.
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Check the threads on the bolt. I have stripped them before and it was always the threads in the nut that stripped. Sometimes the threads pull out of the nut and fill in threads on the bolt like a coil spring wrapped around the bolt. Check the threads on the bolt carefully. It's possible all you need is a new nut which you should be able to get at an auto parts or hardware store.
                  You gonna race that thing?
                  http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
                    Check the threads on the bolt. I have stripped them before and it was always the threads in the nut that stripped. Sometimes the threads pull out of the nut and fill in threads on the bolt like a coil spring wrapped around the bolt. Check the threads on the bolt carefully. It's possible all you need is a new nut which you should be able to get at an auto parts or hardware store.
                    take a good look at the picture he posted.....that bolt is wasted.
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

X2!! That thing has no threads left. I've got spare pinchbolts laying around from swapping my LCAs. If you weren't half a world away (or more:p) I'd drop one in the mail.

Like someone else said. Take the bolt with you to a parts store, they'll have one. You may have to look around a bit, but they'll have one.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Cool thanx guys! I hope I can get hold of one! Should if I look hard enough! If in the unlikley event that I can't I will pay for the bolt and full postage if I need to!

And yeah that bolt is indefinitly wasted! Killed the thread when I done it all the way up then killed the rest getting it off lol.

Thanx again!
                        Keep it Fun and Festy!
                        Fun and Festy!

Comment

I'm sure you will be able to find one. If not, let me know. I have two that I replaced when I did my last set of LCAs. They are in nearly perfect shape, I just used the new ones, well, because I had them.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                          X