Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlights don't work, high beams and parking lights do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights don't work, high beams and parking lights do.

G'day,

I'm new to the forum so g'day, hope everyone is well, anyway I've been having some troubles with my headlights on my 1999 Ford Festiva. The parks lights work and the high beams work, but my actual headlights used for driving don't. I've checked the fuse's and the bulbs, both of which appear to be fine so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions because I send it in for repair.
    Cheers
    Hynesy

welcome to the best place on the internet... i would suggest you add your location to your profile, then if someones close they can give you a hand, have you checked the grounds? it could also be in the switch...i know others will chime in later...but good luck with the car.... and we love pics...
    03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
    92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
    92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

twiztid_killa, cheers for the reply I will check the grounds, don't know how to check the switch though. I will upload some pictures later after I get my side mirror fixed because some low life scum thought it's be rad to break the mirror off while I was at work last night.
      Cheers
      Hynesy

Comment

Your bulbs might also be burnt out on low beam, sometimes that can happen, happened to me.
        -Josh R

Comment

Make sure your bulbs are the right type (kind of a no brainer, but hey, I've ran into this problem before). They should be dual element bulbs.
          http://www.slashnerd.com

Comment

theres an easy way to check if its both the headlight or the switch, figure out what wire is the ground, then jump the other 2 to the battery(with the harness still pluged to the light) if both work it would be the switch or wiring, if one doesnt work it is the light
            03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
            92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
            92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

Working...
            X